Reflecting on Building Relationships

 



As Principal, Mrs J. Brown is my Education Officer/Supervisor. I value the relationship we have because I am mentored by her daily. Mrs Brown offers support and guidance on tasks that are required by the Ministry of Education, reprove and admonish with love, communicates clearly and effectively. She encourages me to build on my areas of strengths and improve in the weak areas. She is one of my role models, one who I admire dearly.

Mrs K. McKenzie is my former Principal and friend, who has seen my potential and help ushered me into Principalship. As my former colleague and then Principal, she is one of my driving forces. She involved me in everything she was doing as a Principal, and this was because of my attitude towards my work. Having good work ethics help to forge our relationship. I admire her leadership qualities. She is like a big sister who wasn't afraid to tell me where I went wrong, and I was not afraid to apologize. She is a great role model, mentor, and friend I emulate and aspire to be effective in leadership. She is a powerful support system, one who has been there with me through thick and thin. She has always been pushing me to maximize my highest potential. She has left an indelible mark on my personal and professional journey, and I will always cherish this relationship.

Romario is my one and only brother. I chose him because he is a solid support system for me, and I value our relationship. He is younger than I am, but he never forgets my birthday nor Mother's Day. Oh, how I look forward to his calls. He does not have much to say whenever he calls or text, but I really appreciate his kind gestures. I endeavour to maintain a positive relationship with him because I feel the love and care from him as a brother, and I really appreciate it. 

Anastasia is my daughter. We have a very tight knitted relationship. We share basically everything with each other. She is a friend and confidence vice versa. She is not afraid to talk to me about any matter that concerns her. I am her friend, role model and mentor. This relationship that we share is incomparable with non-other. We fight and makeup, but we respect and care about each other. She supports all my dreams and aspirations in whichever ways she can. I will always cherish our friendship.
                                   


These ladies from left Donneisha, Nekeisha, Marsha, Toushane, Maxine, Ophelia, Beverly and Sophia are my colleagues and friends. They have supported me through good and bad times. I cherish the memories we all share together. They are individuals I can call on at any moment. They continue to cheer me on "My Cheerleaders." These relationships are long and lasting. 

I believe strong, healthy and lasting relationships are forged out of clear, effective communication that fosters respect for self and others. Taking the time to understand and trust, individuals are paramount to maintaining healthy relationships. Individuals must be able to tell me if and when I going or have gone wrong. Corrections are not always comforting, but, I will come around vice versa. Maintaining healthy relationships is giving of self with no strings attached. Furthermore, conflicts will arise, but how we deal with them will determine our relationships' magnitude. Healthy and lasting relationships are built over time. Those that go through turmoil and remain solid are testaments that people come in and out of your life. But they all do for a reason. I extend myself to the individuals in my circle of relationship. Learning to serve others is key, and doing so from the heart with passion. I do not look for anything in return because when things are genuinely done, they favour is returned. I learn to be honest with myself and others. The truth is hard to accept, but I learn to tell people the truth about maintaining healthy relationships.
 

                          


https://www.google.com/search?q=healthy+relationship+quotes&rlz=1C1JZAP_enJM905JM905& sxsrf=ALeKk00GjGvfSRIc4lOJD053GGxtYtZj8Q:1611160238083&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=o9ovwLndxfjxPM%252ChZVPcQZRfZOwJM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kTNw_x1DsPGGoxNUujD p9AvRC VQQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKE wiOz6rN96ruAhWj2FkKHeaTDaEQ9QF6BAgWEAE&biw =1366& bih=568# imgrc=o9ovwLndxfjxPM

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing the information about your relationships! It sounds like you have a very supportive and collaborative community and relationships around you. I was especially moved by the way that you mentioned that to truly have and maintain healthy relationships requires a sense of trust and open communication that allows both positive and negative topics to be discussed. I think constructive criticism and holding each other accountable, while maintaining loving communication is imperative to healthy partnerships and relationships.

    Thanks again,
    Rebecca Mayfield

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sherida

    Thank you so much for your kind words. I was reading your blog and thinking how many different relationships you have and just how each one of those interactions continue to make you grow stronger and happier. I love reading about the relationship with your daughter. I wish mine was living closer to me. She is in the UK and although we talk and see each other over the phone it will never come close to be able to have her next to me. I really loved reading about your reflection.

    Thank you once again

    Toñi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome Toni and thank you again for sharing your story as well.

      Delete
  3. Hello Sherida!

    Thanks for sharing a great post about the importance of positive relationships. I’m glad that you have such incredible relationships in your life. I can relate to the relationship between you and your brother. My brother is like yours; he doesn’t speak too much, but I know I can always count on him whenever I need him and vice versa. I love your relationship with your daughter. My relationship with my mother is very similar. We are very close; we always support each other, and we are there when we need each other. We are friends more than mother and daughter. I agree with you that healthy, strong and lasting relationships are built over time and that they are forged through clear and effective communication that fosters respect for oneself and for others.

    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for reading and commenting on my post, Antoinette. Yes my daughter and I go beyond mother, daughter relationships. I am happy that we have something in common. Keep up the awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your relationships. It feels so good to have support from people in all aspects.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Words of Inspiration and Motivation

Improving Boy's Education in Early Childhood

Farewell Team