My Personal Research Journey


Evidence-Based Practice

I have selected Evidence-Based Practice (EBP). As an educator, especially in the early childhood field. I am cognizant that EBP is crucial for my students to maximize their full potential and professional and personal development. Hence, the selection of this simulation topic.

To be engaged in EBP is to be a reflective practitioner. Therefore, self-evaluation and introspection are essential ingredients in the EBP (Trochim, 2016). Furthermore, the educator who participates or becomes involved in EBP understands clearly that the child-centred and developmentally appropriate curriculum, coupled with Play, are necessary for all children's biosocial, psychosocial, and cognitive advancement.

I am currently a participant in the Effective Principal Training Program, where, as an instructional leader, I must cover 600 hrs of field experience. The program encapsulates identifying problems and stating possible solutions. Then, the implementation takes effect. Followed by the reflection and evaluation of the projects implemented. Also, for the Performance Evaluation, which is conducted twice annually. There have to be various sources of evidence and artefacts. I robustly believe that EBP allows educators and students to be conscious of their roles and responsibilities related to being culturally responsive. 

The insights gained from the research chart is, all educator must keep abreast with the jargons used in their professional field. I have now learned the meaning and context of three new terms and the correct citing sources. 

For you, my colleagues. What do you think about the selected topic?


Reference

Trochim, W. M., Donnelly, J. P., & Arora, K. (2016). Research methods: The essential knowledge base (2nd ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.


Comments

  1. Hi, Sherida
    I never heard of the effective principal training program, but after looking into it I think it is a great way to become an effective leader. It is very important to have a principal or director that knows what he/she is doing, has respect for their team and provides opportunities for development. I think that the Evidence-Based Practice is a great topic for research. The implementation EBP can have positive outcomes for students, administrators, and parents.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Toni. The EPTP is a leadership course which is mandatory for all principals in my country, Jamaica.

      Delete
  2. Good evening Sherida,
    I love reading your blog because it force me to do research because I wasn't familiar with EBP. After reading your blog and researching I found some very useful information.Before researching I never would have known that Evidence-based practice is a conscientious, problem-solving approach to clinical practice that incorporates the best evidence from well-designed studies, patient values and preferences, and a clinician's expertise in making decisions about a patient's care. Thank you for giving me new information that I can apply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting Christina. I am excited that you have learned something new.

      Delete
  3. Hi,
    I love evidence based learning. This really shows if the current curriculum is having positive results with students. Not just the students are measured, the teacher has to really put in the work and effort for evidence based learning to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Stacey. I totally agree with you! All teachers in my country have to produce their evidence based portfolio for Appraisal.

      Delete
  4. I believe evidence base learning also brings the accountability and pathways to resolutions regarding shaping and model child's educational development. EBP will assist teachers and stakeholders on what best practices have been effective and will hopefully use this data for the greater good for successful early childhood development and education.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, Anne. I strongly agree with you!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing more about EBP! I'm a big fan of Evidence-Based Practice, and find it incredibly important in when in the classroom. It challenges teachers as well as ensures that children receive quality education.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Itze,

    Thank you for stopping by. I am excited that you have gain more insights on the topic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Words of Inspiration and Motivation

Improving Boy's Education in Early Childhood

Farewell Team