"My Support"

   


The quotes above practically sum up what support means to me. Those relationships and connections that I have forged over a period of time. They all have varying degrees and depts. These individuals have supported me in different areas of my life. These are individuals who will tell me whenever I am taking the wrong road, lane or curb. I expect some of these individuals to share my joys and sorrows, sunshine and rain, and my planting and reaping seasons. In, other words, they are not necessary for financial aid but, emotional and physical support. Maybe assisting with a difficult task or just helping out. We all spend quality time together, share effective communication, and respect for each other. 

             

The man of my dreams, my soulmate and confident. The one who cooks for me, up to 3 times daily, if I so desire. Emerging from a broken relationship, Calbert has been there for me through "thick and thin", and the connection that we have is extremely unique. He is that individual who will call when I am away from home to find out if I have eaten and check up on me to find out if all is well. He assists me around the house and babysits our son, Khalil since he was 2 months old. He supports my dreams and aspirations, and I really appreciate his kindness.

These are my three adorable children. They mean the world to me, and my love for them is endless. They are the reason I do most of what I do. They look up to me, and I admire their courage and tenacity. My daughter sees me as her role-model.  They constantly support my dreams and aspirations, vice versa. They are my cheerleaders. I love them.
                   


These are my colleagues who are all in the field of education. Also, they are my circle of friends and social club. We support each others' birthdays, baby showers, engagement, weddings and even christening and burials. We understand and show mutual respect for each other, communicate effectively with each other. We are not afraid to tell each other our faults and highlight achievements. Our relationships are priceless.


My colleague and friend, who is also a past student at Walden University. When the thought of joining the Walden family popped up, this individual supported my dreams and aspirations by encouraging me to pursue them. And also, during difficult the moments of balancing work, family, and studies, she encourages me to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I appreciate the kindness and care that she shows continuously.





                       



These are my colleagues, individuals whom I am mentoring. These adorable individuals are from my professional support system. I can call on them for assistance on the job. I delegate responsibilities to these individuals who are capable, efficient and reliable in performing their duties. I really appreciate their loyalty to their roles and responsibilities.

I am intrinsically motivated and do not depend on others to make me happy. I understand that building a relationship is paramount, so I value the relationships and support systems around me. As a result, I do not take my relationships for granted. 

However, I don't know how I would cope with losing one of my children. In fact, just the thought of it devastates me. Losing a loved one is not easy to cope with much more losing my own flesh and blood. I would really need more than just my circle of support because it is something that I have never experienced. But, I still think I can empathize with someone who has been in this situation. 


Comments

  1. Hi, Sherida
    You have so many people in your life that take care of you and make sure you are okay. It is so important to have family that wants the best for you and friends that are there when you need them. You are a very strong woman. I also believe that we are to depend in ourselves first but sometimes due to circumstances we need some extra help.
    Thank you for sharing
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Very nice support connections. Having such a wonderful support team goes a long way in your life and career.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have had so much support and love from everyone around you. Because you are so vocal and so expressive about the care you have for your own relationships, the kids that you are taking care of are going to go out and share those same feelings for everyone them. It is through people like you, that value the people around them that inspire environments of joy and peace.
    I know that your students can only flourish when thy are under the care of someone who knows the power of partnerships and cooperation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherida, excellent blog! I'm in school now because my husband would not let me give up. My kids are the reason I work as hard as I do. The part that I admire most about your blog is how you push your friends and the people who work for you and continue to respect them. I know they look up to you. Thank you for showing me the best part of what we do other than our kids!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Words of Inspiration and Motivation

Improving Boy's Education in Early Childhood

Farewell Team